We are working with our client to support the Investment Accounting team in their transition to a new system for a 6 month contract. Primary function is to contribute to producing an accurate and timely net asset value (NAV) for the parent company by maintaining transactional and valuation inputs to the legacy system Advent Portfolio Exchange ("APX")
Our client is an asset manager which invests in a diversified global portfolio delivering superior returns to shareholders since 1988.
The role is an urgent and will likely interview and start within the next 2 weeks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily trade input - includes equities and derivatives (options, futures, forwards etc)
- Input daily cash flow movements
- Manage administration of private funds held - process calls/distributions and valuations
- Review and input valuations for externally managed funds
- Assist with production of monthly investment reconciliation packs for the RIT portfolio
- Assist with month end reporting on private fund performance
- Assist with the preparation of interim and annual financial statements
- Ad-hoc project work as and when required
- Able to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail is a must for this role
- An investigative/inquisitive approach to accounting to ensure accuracy
- Deadline oriented and well organised - the role involves daily deadlines
- Prior exposure to a wide range of investments, with an interest in developing that knowledge
- Highly competent in Excel
- Happy to solve problems/propose solutions/accept ownership of tasks
- Qualified accountant with experience in financial services
- Exposure to and experience of investments
- A keen individual with good attention to detail who would enjoy being a member of a small team
- A team player who takes pride in producing work that is high quality, timely and accurate
- This role presents a significant opportunity for an individual to develop their understanding of an investment accounting function within a well-respected, FTSE listed investment company.
Please apply now for prompt review of your CV.