UK Financial Controller
This is a great opportunity for a technically strong Accountant to join this global manufacturing business
My client are a global manufacturing business based in South Wales in the Cardiff area.
Reporting to the European Finance Director, The UK Financial Controller is instrumental in the sucess of the business.
This will be a VERY hands on role, so you must be ready to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.
The UK FC will be responsible for;
The accounting and financial activities in respect of the main UK entity along with 9 other subsiduary bsuinesses.
Manages the relationship with the shared service center functions as required to ensure that all General Ledger, Payables, Treasury, purchasing transactions are correctly recorded, compliant and in accordance with global standards and generally-accepted accounting principles (US GAAP). Support the EMEA and Global Functions as needed in the digitalisation of processes.
The UK FC will site on the leadership Board in the UK and with other staff members will prepare the annual reporting and filings of the
· Statutory Accounts production for the ten UK entities
· Tax package production and returns for the ten UK entities as required
· Group tax filings including liaising with other UK entities
· PAYE and any associated filings as required
· VAT calculations and submission for the VAT group
- The UK lead for all SOX compliance and Audit
This is a "hybrid" role and as well as Financial Reporting the UK FC will also be responsible for;
Performing monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes ensuring accuracy, timeliness, compliance and identification of financial/business issues.
· Business analytical reviews of revenue, cost of sales expenses for reasonableness.
· Perform actual to budget / forecast analysis of income statement accounts
· Assume Responsibilities of Pension Trustee for the UK and other Pension Schemes
· Participate in Site Leadership team helping develop strategies and objectives for the main site.
Staff management of a Small team will dotted line into the SSC
You will be a Professionally qualified Accountant holding ACA, ACCA and CIMA
You will have large company experience ideally in a leadership role.
You will be technically strong Accountant and up to date with all local reporting requirements including Tax and VAT
The ideal candidate will have Knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements, however this is not essential
Expert knowledge of accounting, financial principles and ability to apply in a Manufacturing setting.
Strong knowledge of country statutory and tax accounting and associated reporting requirements.
Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to Business Partner with Senior leaders across the business
A salary in the range of £70,000 - £75,000
Bonus of 10 -15%
Excellent pension contributions.
Hybrid working - currently 100% home based.