Financial Reporting Manager - Renewable Energy
The Financial Reporting Manager will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and be responsible primarily for the Financial Reporting requirements and support on tax compliance matters.
- A fast-growing provider of energy-from-waste and industrial waste management services. Most of the clients revenue comes from operating power plants and providing sustainable solutions
- Based in Zone 1
- Hybrid working from home model
- Ownership of statutory reporting process for the Group. Primary contact with the statutory auditors during the preparation of the draft reports. Responsible for the delivery of the final audited financial statements for all group entities according to loan covenant or statutory deadlines.
- Preparing quarterly consolidated shareholder reporting including analysis for he CFO and shareholder finance contacts.
- Participation of the corporate restructuring project team to understand changes to group structure and planning for the accounting changes that result.
- Advise the wider accounting team on appropriate GAAP reporting. Support on quality control reviews of transactional accounting. Review of balance sheet reconciliations, aging reports and other control mechanisms.
- Research on accounting standards relevant to the group and writing accounting memos that support application of the Company's accounting policies. Executing changes to the accounting processes or financial reporting that arise from the implementation of those standards.
- Working with project team implementing an integrated ERP and reporting platform to set-up report mapping and templates to facilitate efficient report generation.
- Providing support to the tax compliance process.
- Ensuring the appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
- Identifying and executing continuous improvements to accounting processes and procedures and implement changes/improvements when required.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA with 7yrs+ PQE).
- Experience in a financial reporting role.
- Experience of producing UK statutory reporting (IFRS or UK GAAP)
- Ideally experience with corporate restructuring, but not essential
- £85,000-£100,000 base pa (based on experience)
- 15-20% bonus
- Hybrid WFH/WFO model (2-3 days a week)
- zone 1 offices