Senior Management Accountant
Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA Accountant required
Mid Sussex based Charity require a Senior Management Accountant
Due to an internal promotion, a well known Mid Sussex based Charity are looking to recruit a Senior Management Accountant. This is an opportunity working 4 days per week at home and 1 day in the office. Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance the main job responsibilities are as follows:
- Preparation of the monthly Management Reports ensuring they are delivered in a timely manor and to a high standard
- Assist the Head of Commercial Finance and the Commercial Finance Business Partner to upgrade and lead in the short, medium and long term planning of the organisation.
- Provide in-depth financial analysis to budget holders to support critical decision making and to assist in providing finance support to senior management as well as non-Finance professionals in understanding and managing financial performance.
- Preparation of the monthly Management Reports (including SMART pack, Income & Expenditure statements & Balance Sheet) ensuring they are delivered in a timely manor and to a high standard
- Manage the preparation of schedules to enable monthly management reports to be produced which require knowledge of accrual accounting. i.: Accruals and prepayments
- Analysis and review of Management Reports and providing commentary to explain variances
- Continually adapt and improve management reports as agreed with Head of Commercial Finance and the Commercial Finance Business Partner
- Review and address all inaccuracies or differences with services regarding their source data to ensure accuracy and completeness of all incoming data
- Ability to interpret data into meaningful financial information
- Production of reports for SLT monthly and Committee meetings when required.
- To assist with business partnership within the organisation and to assist in providing Finance support to senior management as well as non-Finance professionals in understanding and managing financial performance.
- Management of the Management Accountant
- To assist as required in the budget preparation process.
- Assist where required with the year end audit.
- To liaise with service units, ensuring they comply with the correct accounting procedures.
- Have a flexible approach to work, willing to play a full role in ensuring the success of the team
- To undertake any other reasonable duties falling within the role of Senior Management Accountant as identified by the Director of Corporate Services and/or the Head of Commercial Finance and the Commercial Finance Business Partner
- To undertake, any reasonable travelling requirements, in order to fulfil the tasks and responsibilities of the role.
- A driven focused Qualified Accountant CCAB or equivalent
- Experience of having been a Management Accountant or Finance Business Partner
- A high level of budget, forecast and business analysis experience
- Good commercial acumen and business analysis skills, able to review financial information to identify anomalies and opportunities
- Advanced excel skills
- A customer service focus, able to build strong relationships with those both inside and outside the organisation
- A high level of planning skill and organisational capacity to manage complex plans and projects through to completion
- Line management/supervisory experience
- An ability to design quality reports and explain these well to both Finance and none-Finance professionals
25 days holiday
Remote working at least 4 days per week