Management Accountant - Publishing Company
My client is looking to appoint a self-motivated and commercially orientated Management Accountant to deal with all aspects of management accounts, overseeing of the company balance sheet and to provide business advisory support to our regional, business to consumer, Oxford office.
Client DetailsMy client is one of the world's leading independent book publishers, and they are the largest and most successful independent children's book publisher in the UK.
Named Children's Publisher of the Year in 2020, my client has been publishing brilliant books for children of all ages for nearly 50 years.
There are over 3,000 of my client's books in print, from books for babies to young adult novels, and they publish around 30 new books every month.
- Perform and review balance sheet reconciliations
- Complete financial reporting pack
- Development of the monthly management pack and KPI's
- Communicate and interpret financial data to non-financial managers
- Stock, trend, and margin analysis
- Ensure adequate financial controls, procedures and schedules are in place
- Evaluate and monitor financial information systems and recommend improvements where needed
- Identify problem areas and present recommendations to Finance Director
- Perform audits of departments within the organisation
- Liaise with auditors and other external reporting authorities
- Assist with annual budget preparation
Reporting to the Financial Director, the successful candidate will be:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (a practice trained background is preferable)
- Experience of dealing with SME's, alongside international and group companies
- Knowledge of the publishing industry, alongside familiarity in royalties and bonuses would be advantageous
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Have the ability to independently and creatively to problem-solve and apply strategic thinking to complex financial policies, processes and problems.
- Possess good communication skills to be able to work alongside a wide range of stakeholders and staff
- Self-motivated and proactive
- A salary of up to £55k experience dependent
- 25 days paid holiday entitlement
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Family leave benefits
- Employee Assistance and Rewards Programme
- 50% Discount on Company Books