Group Financial Controller - Sport/Publishing/e-Commerce/Events
Group Financial Controller - Publishing/Sport/e-Commerce/Events
Exceptional opportunity for a qualified and commercially astute Group Financial Controller to test themselves within an exciting media company which is growing rapidly in both the UK and internationally.
Due to growth our client are bringing their finance function in-house and the financial controller position is a key role. This person will work closely with the managing director in delivering the strategy for the business and will be responsible for financial management and FP&A across the group. It is a hands-on role and this person will be as comfortable looking after the day-to-day finances as they are scenario modelling and putting together information for potential investors.
- Establishing the finance function in-house
- Continually improving core financial processes and controls
- Cashflow forecasts, reporting and cash management
- Preparing monthly board packs and management information including group management accounts for 3 entities
- Work with department heads to build, analyse and challenge budgets
- Invoices and supplier management
- Developing KPIs across the business
- Statutory reporting and point of contact for audit
- Have a passion and active participation in sport
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Think big and are undaunted by the scale of the company's ambitions
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified with relevant PQE
- A person to afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in!
- A person with the drive and dynamism to contribute to the group's growth.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with financial reporting and data analysis
- Expertise in managing cashflows and reporting
- A person who can grow into the role with the potential to become finance director
- Exposure to Xero and Shopify is advantageous however not essential
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.