Our client is a recently launched European technology focused investor, led by an experienced, entrepreneurial founder. The team is building the fund by partnering with exciting tech founders on their growth journeys. As part of their own expansion plans, they have created the new role of Finance Manager to support the recently hired CFO/COO. The role is broad and evolving enabling you to gain a unique range of inward and outward facing experience and to work with an enthusiastic, agile and truly collaborative team. This would suit a finance professional looking to step into a commercially focused role at the heart of an investor organisation.
- Running the UK companies finances – including managing the budget, operating financial controls and reviewing management accounts, statutory accounts and taxes
- Working with the investment team and portfolio companies on presenting regular meaningful updates on the investments’ performance and valuation
- Reviewing quarterly investor reporting prepared by the fund administrators
- Collaborating with auditors to produce audited annual report
- Building up strong operational infrastructure and controls environmental to support the growth into a series of future funds and a broad portfolio
- You may also get involved in deals, structuring, ESG reporting and wider operational work-streams
- A qualified accountant, with an excellent academic track record, ideally 2 years + PQE
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Adept at Excel modelling
- Commercial and creative with a growth-mindset
- A clear and concise communicator
- A “can-do” attitude, collaborative team player and calm under pressure
- Ideally experienced in growth companies / scale-ups and / or Financial Planning and Analysis
- Corporate Finance or Transactional Services experience would be of interest
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.