Service Charge Accountant - Residential Property
Service Charge Accountant - Residential Property. OUR CLIENT has a proven track record within the real estate Property Management sector in the UK to both residential block and commercial assets. As a result of continued growth and opportunities, they are currently seeking a high calibre Service Charge Accountant to join their property accounting team in Surrey.
THE ROLE will include, but will not be limited to the below:
- Preparing service charge and rent demands for a residential block property portfolio.
- Preparing yearly service charge account reconciliations and balance sheets for audit balancing purposes as well as crediting or charging the tenant / client as needed.
- Reconciling client accounts to make sure that all rent is correctly allocated.
- Submitting VAT payment to HMRC.
- Supporting the surveyors by ensuring they have all necessary accounting information.
- Preparing budget variance reports to control level of service charge funds available.
- Recording any financial adjustments, e. revised service charge budgets.
- Ensuring that all rent and service charge / sinking funds are sent out in a punctual manner.
- Ensuring that the property management systems are kept up to date and relevant.
- Managing bank reconciliation preparation and reporting including unreconciled bank rec items.
- Making sure that the GL accounts and TB are precise and reconciled.
- Overseeing the calculation and processing of the net rent pay-overs to clients.
- Recording and ensuring the payment of invoices.
- Managing and reporting in relation to clients.
- Liaising with the Group FC to determine most efficient way to report to clients.
- Preparing and providing monthly / quarterly VAT reports / analyses to clients.
- Establishing new properties on the property management system, recording all key information correctly.
THE PERSON: To apply, you MUST have at least 4 years' service charge accounting experience either in a residential block or a commercial property environment and be able to prepare year-end service charge accounts. The successful candidate will have experience of using a property management system such as MRI / YARDI / TRAMPS and be proficient in Excel. You will be self-motivated, diligent and have a passion for Service Charge Accounting. This role will be based in their office in Surrey, therefore perfect if someone is looking to work locally.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.