Financial Reporting Accountant
Financial Reporting Accountant
Business Unit: AMETEK (GB) LTD
Reports to: Financial Controller
Location: Leicester, UK
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion. AMETEK has 17,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world. The AMETEK Growth Model combines its four growth strategies of Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Product Development, with a disciplined focus on cash generation and capital deployment.
AMETEK GB is headquartered in Leicester, UK and is part of AMETEK International, the regional corporate organisation providing in-country infrastructure and support to all business units in the UK. We provide shared services for order processing, finance, compliance control, reporting, HR and IT. We support and facilitate business development and market expansion within the UK by providing local market knowledge and presence, direct access to customers and partners, regional marketing activities and support with local business culture and compliance control. We are currently a diverse team of 130 employees dispersed across the UK and Northern Ireland.
The role reports to the Financial Controller and provides leadership, direction and development of a small team, controls, systems and processes within Ametek (GB) Ltd.
- Ownership of month end accounts process, delivery of accurate and timely management accounting, reporting and financial control.
- Assisting the Financial Controller in development and implementation of efficient, accurate and robust accounting processes, systems and policies.
- Oversee the monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring all accounts are reconciled, reviewed and signed off together with driving improvements in the effectiveness of the reconciliation processes.
- Promote improved cash management processes.
- Jointly evolve and develop efficiencies within the month end reporting.
- Aid preparation of annual budget
- Support the Financial Controller in the delivery of finance led projects.
- Work closely with overseas finance teams to ensure reporting is appropriate, compliant and timely.
- Contribute to the leadership of the team providing direction, motivation, development and coaching.
- Collaboration with internal audit and external tax advisors to ensure proper and effective compliance with all corporate and local regulations.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA), with relevant post qualification experience
- Current knowledge of UK and USGAAP, along with SOX controls
- Proven strategic planning experience
- Proven continuous improvement mindset
- Experience of working for a US corporation
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
- Track record of efficiently connecting business systems
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience of Navision preferred
Benefits / Package:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 37.5 hour working week
- 25 days annual leave/8 statutory days per year
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover x 4 salary
Apply for Financial Reporting Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly