Head of Financial Systems
I am recruiting the Head of Financial Systems for a client who is currently undergoing a large finance transformation as they prepare for an IPO. Your will be responsible for managing all financial systems and project manage system configuration changes and enhancements. This role will be responsible for all financial system related issues and new developments, including trouble shooting and solution support.
- Owner of financial system development and its future road map.
- Responsibility for financial systems release / upgrades.
- Management of other systems integrations to the financial system.
- Translate complex business processes and requirements into financial system changes and enhancements to improve business efficiency.
- Manage multiple cross-departmental system improvement projects, including conducting complex business requirement documentation, project status presentation to the steering committee and coordination of cross-departmental input to keep projects on track.
- Stakeholder management; working efficiently and effectively with other functions e.g., acting as the ‘bridge’ between Finance teams and IT teams.
- Proactively identify opportunities in systemisation to meet business needs and improve overall finance and business process efficiency.
- Ensure access controls to the finance systems in place and regular reviews are conducted and relevant documentations are up to date.
Skills and Experience
- Degree educatin with an accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent).
- 3 + years’ experience as a Systems Administrator / Consultant gained in a large, international environment.
- Previous experience building-out / implementing a financial / ERP solution.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and is able to elaborate technical concepts to non-technical colleagues. Strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced IT skills i.e., writing macros in Excel. SQL and Microsoft Power BI.
- Strong Project Management skills.