This dynamic business delivers cutting edge products and services to a global customer base. Operating in a fast moving technology space they are renowned innovators in their field and have recently attracted external investment to help drive further growth. With the security of long term contracts in place they have ambitious plans to explore new markets and potentially double turnover in the next few years.
They are looking to strengthen the accounts department by appointing a technically strong and commercially aware Financial Controller. The role will be responsible for financial reporting and analysis of performance, ensuring tight controls are in place that support the strategic vision and drive profitability. Reporting into the CFO you will manage a team that includes both UK and overseas accounting staff, duties will include:
• Producing of monthly management accounts for UK and overseas entities
• Preparing the annual budget, cashflow forecasting and management
• Production and analysis of KPI’s and WIP
• Management of sales, purchase ledger and credit control team
• Compilation of statutory returns, P11d’s and payroll management
• Management of FX, cashflow and implication of import / export duties
• Fixed asset reporting and investment appraisal
• Stock reporting, valuation and analysis
• Negotiating credit facilities and reviewing commercial terms
• Management of year end statutory accounts production
• Point of contact for annual audit, bank, HMRC etc.
A key part of the role will be the management and development of the finance team, in particular dealing with remote workers. You must be a strong communicator with previous supervisory experience of running a transactions team and being responsible for month end. You will be expected to proactively contribute to and attend management meetings, supporting the culture of continuous improvement and ensuring the finance department provides an excellent service to the rest of the business. To be considered for this role applicants must be ACCA / CIMA or ACA qualified with previous experience at Financial Controller / Finance Manager level and ideally be looking for a role in a fast-moving business.