This company supplies equipment and services to customers throughout the UK. Operating through a number of depots they are a trusted name in their industry able to offer total solutions to their clients. The business is profitable which has enabled them to invest in new machinery to further strengthen their position in the market place and support steady growth.
A planned retirement has now prompted the need to recruit an experienced Company Accountant / Financial Controller to take ownership of the finances of the business and report into the Directors. Based in a small office this is the only finance and will therefore require someone who is self-sufficient, very hands on and able to report directly into an MD. The main duties for this position will be:
• Preparation of monthly management reporting to given deadlines.
• Detailed cash flow management and responsibility for credit control
• Purchase ledger and sales ledger and responsibility for payments.
• Regular bank reconciliations.
• Preparation of statutory accounts and management of the audit process.
• Routine tax compliance including VAT, PAYE/NI and corporation tax.
• Processing of payroll via group payroll department.
• Preparation and agreement of annual budget and business plan in accordance with timetable.
• Preparation of regular forecasts and projections in order to anticipate cash flows.
• Responsibility for managing asset finance on equipment
• Managing relationships with banks, insurers etc.
The Company Accountant will also be responsible for improving processes and systems and should be comfortable working with both accounting and operational IT software. The ability to develop reports and produce timely financial information and analysis for the Directors will therefore be essential. Ideally they would like to recruit a CIMA / ACCA / ACA Accountant for this position although applications from qualified by experience candidates will also be considered. Previous experience in a stand-alone SME finance role will be essential.