Finance Business Partner
Swansea (Abertawe) | 50,000-60,000 + Bonus + Relocation Package + Private Healthcare + Benefits | Manufacturing
- Work with the market leading whey manufacturer in the UK
- Relocation package available to West Wales
About Our Client
Volac is a fast-growing, ambitious international dairy business that manufactures nutritional ingredients for farm animals and sports nutrition consumers.
"We turn our passion for dairy nutrition into great products that advance the health and performance of consumers and farm animals. Our heritage inspires us because it's built on family values and innovation. We care deeply for our customers and enjoy helping our partners, friends, and communities prosper, so together we create a sustainable healthier world"
Their manufacturing site at Felinfach in beautiful West Wales (c.10 miles from Lampeter, c. 7 miles from picturesque Aberaeron, and c.20 miles from Aberystwyth) processes more than 1000 tonnes of protein every month into ingredients destined for sports and active nutrition consumers. Over the last two years, Volac has invested c. £100 million into developing this site including £30 million in a new dryer.
Finance Business Partner Job Description
The Felinfach site is growing and this role is pivotal to that growth. You will be responsible for all manufacturing finance, storage and distribution at the site, continuously improving processes and performance, through the delivery of timely, accurate and insightful reporting. You will also be responsible for Volac Renewable Energy Ltd, Volac's state-of-the-art biomass plant.
You will report to the Finance Business Partner, Supply Chain and work in a business partnering capacity with the factory manager, site senior leadership team, and other senior stakeholders across the business.
- Financial & management accounts reporting, including operational performance analysis.
- Support site senior management team to drive improved performance.
- Orchestrate site management review and sustainable growth planning management meetings.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and business processes relating to financial transactions on the site.
- Ensure transactions impacting financial records are processed promptly in order to assure the integrity of data in systems.
- Financial lead on stock takes.
The Successful Applicant
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or CIMA) with several years' PQE who is looking to progress their career in one of the UK's leading food manufacturers.
Ideally you will:
- Have experience in a manufacturing environment. If you have worked in FMCG or dairy production, this would be advantageous.
- Be a practical and commercially-minded finance manager, with a questioning analytical approach. You like to get under the skin of operational statistics.
- Have high attention to detail but able to see the bigger picture.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills - you are able to translate complex technical matters into simple language
- Have advanced IT skills (ERP, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint).
- Have thorough knowledge of product costing and associated variance analysis
- Have excellent ability to use initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Have strong leadership skills, team builder and team player
- Have experience in people management
- Operate with the highest degree of integrity, trust and collaboration
- Have experience of Continuous Improvement techniques (desirable)
What's on Offer
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
- Relocation assistance: Tax free
- Bonus: Manager's Bonus Plan - target 10%
- Pension: Auto-enrolment after 2 months - employer contribution of 7% and match up to 2% of employee contribution (mandatory employee contribution 0.5% through salary sacrifice)
- Private health - single cover
- Company sick pay: 2 week's full pay in the first year of employment rising to 6 weeks between years 1 and 2, 10 weeks between years 2 and 5, 15 weeks between 5 and 10 years, 20 weeks between 10 and 20 years, 30 weeks over 20 year's service.
- Holidays: 25 days (rising to 26 after 5 years, 27 after 10 years, 28 after 15 years)
- Group Income Protection (long term sickness)
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Employee Assistance Programme Group accident insurance for business travel.
- Enhanced maternity pay (15 weeks) and paternity pay (1.5 weeks) - after two year's service
- Cycle scheme (through salary sacrifice)
- Health cash plan
Closing Date For This Finance Business Partner Role: 06/12/21
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGWJN1020213609927Z
To join this market leading team as a Finance Business Partner, please click apply below ...