CFO & Company Secretary
Our retained client is a highly regarded construction business that are looking to bring in a Chief Finance Officer into their senior management team near Stockport. Working alongside the Board of Directors, you will provide high quality and effective financial advice as well as providing strategic direction to the Group.
The role involves managing and leading teams across different functions of the business including Finance, Company Secretarial, IT, HR and Procurement. You will have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff as well external advisors including banks, insurers, auditors and other professionals.
Day to day duties:-
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director and other Directors.
- Become a trusted advisor to the Board on Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Prepare Group financial forecasts, benchmarking and budget scenarios as necessary to support the decision making of the Group.
- Manage the Group’s financial risks through a strong financial control and reporting framework.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the working capital of the group and cash management policies.
- Advise the Board on tax implications of all activities and projects and ensure effective tax planning for the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) with significant post qualification experience.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels from the top to the bottom of the organisation.
- Experience of managing a support function such as IT, HR or Procurement.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Experience of driving success within an SME environment and proactive in seizing opportunities.
- Previous experience within a construction or property development environment would be ideal.