Part Qualified Accountant
Part Qualified Accountant
Northampton based, but flexible location with hybrid working - 1 day in the office per week
Are you looking for a role which provides genuine substance & content to support your accounting qualification whether it be CIMA or ACCA?
Are you living in the traditional part qualified world where the scope of your day to day routine is limited and you're stuck in the tick box exercise to just get through?
Well…. we do things differently here! We are passionate about progression and succession planning and life is fun as a Part Qualified Accountant here at TP.
We are keen for you to stretch your skills and ambition in a business that provides all the challenges you desire to make you a better, commercially focussed finance professional. You’ll never be short of challenges and opportunities across our group, there is always lots to do!
The role will cover all the traditional facets you need to support your studies, however, you'll also be involved with some exciting, challenging and high profile projects that will give you brilliant exposure to senior stakeholders and our wider business.
How will you support?
You will be providing management accounting and analytical support to our general merchanting teams. This environment is a lot like the retail world but much more fun and a little less hectic.
You will support the branch networks and merchant businesses to make a range of commercial decisions by providing insightful financial information, building investment appraisals for a range of business cases and also lead reporting processes to drive business performance.
So, if you are keen to get involved with;
- Preparing and creating reports to support commercial decisions on a daily basis.
- A range of stakeholders and business leaders, where you will be able to challenge and influence.
- Forecasting to ensure we’re measuring against the changing landscape.
- The full budgeting process.
- Support and run month end reporting processes, including full management accounts and its completion.
- A range of challenging and exciting projects that take you away from the norm….
It might just be worth picking up the phone to find out more or simply apply to get the process started!
Is this you?
- Are you comfortable challenging the norm?
- Are you able to build effective relationships? We’re not looking for a gregarious networker, we want someone who genuinely works in collaboration with others to get the best results.
- Do you have genuine initiative and the confidence to challenge the status quo and call things out?
- Are you ambitious? We understand ambition comes in many different personality and people traits. You don’t need to be the loudest. We get it!
- Are you comfortable being outside your comfort zone? The challenges across our business will support you in stretching your ability to new levels.
What's in it for you?
We want to provide you with more choice, helping drive engagement and ultimately creating a great place to work.
We’ll equip you with a benefits package that grows as you grow with the company, working with us means you’ll be rewarded with:
- A holiday allowance fair to the hours you work, increasing with continued service Performance related bonus
- Save-as-you-earn scheme
- Buy-as-you-earn scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Staff discount across a variety of Group businesses for example: 20% off at Wickes and 30% off at Tile Giant, plus many more
- Our acclaimed ‘Reward Gateway’ gives all of us access to over 1,000 retailer discounts through our My Perks platform and we also offer a range of flexible benefits, which vary by your role, and includes a cycle to work scheme and other flexible benefits.
Interested in the Part Qualified Accountant role? Why wouldn’t you be?
We’re really looking forward to hearing from you and reviewing your application or if you would like more information, get in touch with Katy Shirley or Phil Monkman to discuss the opportunity in more detail.