Reporting into the Financial Reporting Manager, the successful candidate will work within an established finance team covering all aspects of finance, from processing cycles, management accounts, statutory accounts, forecasting, tax, cash management and liaison with auditors. You will also be responsible for producing commercial analysis and facilitating commercially beneficial decision making across the whole business, whilst participating and supporting the business on finance related projects.
Some of the Management Accountant responsibilities include:
- Assist in ensuring all key monthly reporting deadlines are met and proactively work across the finance teams to resolve issues where they may arise
- A member of the team in the production of the monthly management accounts (P&L, Cashflow and Balance Sheet) across all companies and consolidation, with required analysis
- Produce balance sheet reconciliations, with a high attention to detail. Escalate issues in reconciliations to relevant teams across the finance function
- Support the audit process, maintain a professional relationship with the external auditors and be a key facilitator to an efficient audit ensuring all deadlines met
- Support the production and submission of VAT returns across all companies
- Support the production and submission of R&D tax returns
- Support the production of annual corporation tax computations and submissions
- Support in the administration of the accounting system, maintain the group chart of accounts, analytical structure and general maintenance of the system
- Participate on finance related projects
- Develop accounting expertise and knowledge of the Groups relevant Accounting Standards, currently FRS 102, and relevant tax laws
- Part qualified Accountant with a strong desire to progress to fully qualified (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA)
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure - suited to a fast-paced environment and can take responsibility for delivering to timescales.
- An effective communicator, able to project manage multiple deliverables and manage their own workload as well as those team members they are managing.
- Strong excel and systems skills
- Self-motivated, taking a hands-on approach and with excellent attention to detail
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset and natural ability to challenge the current processes - be a key part of the team in implementing improvements
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and self motivated Management Accountant to join this organisation at an exciting time. The cultural fit of the individual to the organisation is pivotal and for your knowledge and experience you will be rewarded with an exciting package that will include:
- Salary circa £40k
- Study support
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Ongoing professional development