Finance Business Partner
Due to business growth we are currently looking for a Finance Business Partner to join our Accounts team at Foot Anstey to provide a key business partnering service to stakeholders across all of our business groups. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to shape working relationships with our Partners and other key stakeholders, empowering their understanding of profitability and management information to drive business change.
The key focus for this role is to support improving contribution, managing working capital and supporting operational tasks where required and is also a great opportunity to contribute with new upcoming projects within the team. If you are solutions-focussed, with excellent communication skills to deliver insights about financial information, this could be for you.
What you'll do
- Improving the impact of key financial information and supporting stakeholders with understanding Management Information
- Providing analysis, commentary and delivering insight on our clients / matters / sectors and how this flows through to contribution (profitability).
- Driving our business tools to assist in pricing and profitability decisions, supporting suggestions for change.
- Driving change, to ensure key operational and financial targets are delivered
- Leading on e-billing management
- Supporting Portfolio Management Services efficiencies for all stakeholders across the business
- Supporting with tender submissions and pricing queries
- Supporting partners and fee earners with understanding their financial KPIs
- Supporting with client Management Information reports
- Supporting with our year end accounts production as required
What we're looking for
- The ability to produce management information which is both accurate and of high quality.
- The skills to be flexible so you can operate in this role along with supporting our senior leaders in the finance team.
- Proven ability to implement change, including system improvements, i.e. monthly, quarterly and annual.
- The ability to be proactive and organised and able to prioritise work to deadlines.
- Good communication skills and confidence in dealing with senior equity partners and directors.
- A recognized accounting qualification with a drive to continue professional studies further or recently completed an accountancy chartership qualification.
Why Foot Anstey?
Foot Anstey is one of the UK's fastest growing law firms. We believe in helping our clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. We are on an exciting journey to become our clients’ most trusted advisor, enabling them to achieve their ambitions. How we do it is just as important as what we do. Our values of collaboration over convention, championing aspiration, being refreshingly human, embracing entrepreneurial spirit and delivering integrated thinking guide the way we act, every day, from the way we operate as a business to how we treat our colleagues and clients.
Over our history we've grown from a high-street firm to a significant regional and national player working with leading brands and individuals predominantly across six key sectors: Developers, Energy & Infrastructure, Islamic Finance, Private Equity, Private Wealth, Retail & Consumer. Our strategy of gaining market share through meeting clients' needs, investing in and developing high quality talent and using technology and innovation to enhance our services has led to significant growth. We now operate from seven bases: Truro, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Southampton and London.
Our people are critical to our success. We help our employees achieve their aspirations through offering meaningful careers with balanced rewards, which have been carefully designed to focus on personal wellbeing. We offer continual opportunities for support and professional development through our Business Skills Academy and Digital Skills Academy. We believe in empowering each other to achieve and strive to create a progressive and inclusive working environment. We are open to discussing flexible working patterns for all of our vacancies. Over 40% of our employees have a permanent flexible working pattern, which is something that we actively encourage. Due to the pandemic, the majority of our employees are currently working on a flexible, remote basis. We anticipate a gradual return to our offices over the upcoming months in line with Government guidance.
The recruitment process
We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply for a role. We will acknowledge your application immediately and we will respond within 7 days regardless of outcome. We review applications on a rolling basis and will move to shortlist as soon as possible. Typically we undertake a two interview stage process. Throughout the process you will receive ample information about us and the role.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is essential to delivering our strategy, and we were delighted to be awarded the National Equality Standard in 2018 and to successfully renew this in 2021. That’s why this is right at the heart of our priorities. This goes beyond our policies – it’s something we consider across everything we do, from the make-up of our client teams, encouraging staff to reach their potential, through to our leadership.
‘Powering your ambition’ is the statement that summarises what we stand for as a firm. It means that we aim to support our clients and our people to achieve their goals, regardless of background, gender, race, beliefs, sexuality or other non-work related factors. We champion aspiration and encourage it in everyone that works with us. As such we actively encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any characteristics protected by law. If you apply for this role you are encouraged to answer the diversity and social mobility monitoring questions. The answers you provide will remain entirely anonymous and confidential and will in no way impact your application.
If you have any questions about the role or your application, please contact Sophie Russell, Recruitment Administrator at email@example.com
Foot Anstey. Powering Your Ambition.