Group Financial Controller
Group Financial Controller
An acquisitive AIM-listed Group – with a ~£100m market cap – is searching for a Group Financial Controller who can join its team on a full-time, permanent basis. The Group Financial Controller will work out of the group’s Cheshire-based office.
The Group Financial Controller will handle these responsibilities:
- Supporting the plc board in commercial decision making through the analysis of financial and non-financial information.
- Taking a heavy involvement with the Group Executive Team with regard to strategic projects, including strategic planning, corporate activity, funding, refinancing, and ESG.
- Managing the preparation of key external reporting requirements to strict deadlines, including half-year and year-end accounts, city presentations, and supporting analysis.
- Taking responsibility for producing the Group’s annual report, drafting financial statements and notes to the accounts.
- Attending audit committee meetings and preparing information for all board meetings.
- Handling management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis with both short to long-term planning at Group level.
- Building strong relationships with divisional finance teams and other key members of business unit finance teams.
- Acting as a sounding board and centre of technical excellence to support the divisional finance team.
To be considered for this position, candidates should have the following profile:
- Technically capable and fully qualified (ACA / ACCA / ACMA).
- Experienced in either a Group Finance or Divisional FC role; or with experience as a Director from a Big 4 or Mid-tier.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the confidence to present to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to provide technical and commercial support, and comfortable challenging senior leaders of the business.
- The gravitas and calibre required for potential progression to Group Financial Director.
- A strong control mindset and background, with an ability to identify and commercial assess risk.
- Experience in managing a team, plc, international financial reporting standards, and acquisition accounting.
The Group are offering the successful Group Financial Controller an excellent salary, which will partly be determined by experience. Alongside this, the successful candidate will receive a car allowance, a bonus of up to 30%, and several other benefits. This is also a great chance to play an integral role in a fascinating and expanding Group – with a realistic chance of taking up the Group FD role later down the line.
Applications are now open for this exciting opportunity. Submit your CV now to register your interest in this position.