Group Finance Assistant
Group Finance Assistant
£22,000 - £26,000 DOE plus study support
Join us on our journey to empower over a million people to change their behaviours and thrive!
At Thrive Tribe we deliver award-winning healthy lifestyle and wellbeing programmes that make people happier and healthier! We’re looking for a Group Finance Assistant to join our Group Finance Team.
The role will consist of all round accounts administration to assist the Group Finance Manager on a range of daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. The role is perfect for someone studying AAT who would like to gain experience and progress in the role as the Group continues to grow. Study support is provided (tuition fees and leave for revision/exams) and ideally the candidate will be keen to learn and pick up any type of responsibility.
Like all roles at Thrive Tribe, you can expect your time at work to be fun, varied and challenging. We don’t like to stick to a firm JD as we know from experience that things change throughout the lifetime of a role and it gives our people the chance to play to their strengths.
A typical day as a Group Finance Assistant might include:
- Check and process of all purchase invoices for the Group
- Dealing with limited queries relating to the above working closely with the departmental heads and senior management
- Generation of weekly supplier payment runs
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Check and processing of staff expenses
- Supplier/ customer maintenance
- Open post and distribute / process accordingly
- Allocation of sales ledger receipts
- Assist with Ad Hoc monthly reporting as necessary
- Assistance with the preparation of monthly accruals / prepayments
- Assistance with monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Company credit card reconciliation
- Assistance with the preparation of intercompany recharges
- Reconciliation of petty cash
- Ad Hoc duties as required to further AAT training
- Working with colleagues across all of our Thrive Tribe services to contribute to new projects and service developments – we’re always looking to share knowledge and resources!
- Helping us maintain the ethos of Thrive Tribe by driving our organisational culture forward across our services and using every opportunity to embed our values!
Requirements of our Group Finance Assistant:
More than anything, we are looking for a team player who puts their heart in to their work. We’ve got some core values that run through everything we do, and we’d love it if they resonate with you too!
Be the change
You like helping people.
You’re patient and can adapt under pressure. Always happy to make time for other people. And have a great attitude.
You recognise the power of a smile. You value a fun, supportive workplace and want to come to work raring to go (check out our rating on Glassdoor).
You are motivated and driven. Happy working solo or as part of a team, you love meeting targets. And will be given opportunities to contribute and develop your career.
You want to make a difference. Working with a like-minded team of optimistic people, we want the same thing to do meaningful work and change lives.
To work with us in this role we are looking for someone who has the following skills and experiences:
- AAT studier looking to gain all round experience.
- Basic Excel skills
- Working knowledge of Xero
- Organised and structured in your approach to work
- Excellent Accuracy levels and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Flexible, ability to work to deadlines, particularly month end cut off
- Confident, uses own initiative, working independently and as part of a small team
We believe that every person has the right to thrive at work, which is why we are committed to equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate. Should you require any specific accommodations in the recruitment process please let us know in your application.
Contract: Permanent, full time 37.5 hours
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 DOE plus study support
Perks: Every person makes Thrive Tribe the incredible place it is to work and play together, we’re unstoppable. Within our buzzing environment our talented people work hard but we ensure lots of fun is thrown in too! We offer you:
- Flexible working
- Team culture building days
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Programmes
- Pension and Life Insurance Schemes
- Online Shopping discounts
- A day on us to participate in a Physical Activity of your choice!
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is 17th January 2022
To apply: attach your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are right for the position.
Applicants will be contacted to outline the next stages of the process. Interviews are likely to take place on 17th January 2022 and will be online via Zoom.
Location: This job is based at Thrive Tribe HQ in Stratford. The job will involve home working whilst this isolation period continues and flexible working arrangements thereafter.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to have the right to work in the UK.
Apply for Group Finance Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly