Our client is a fast paced, PE backed internet connectivity and infrastructure business with a fantastic growth trajectory. They are now looking to recruit a commercially mind, proactive Finance Director who will, as part of the core management team, be responsible for ensuring effective execution of the business growth plan working towards a planned exit within 3-5 years.
As Finance Director, you will be responsible for both leading the financial function of the business (ensuring accurate and timely monthly reporting, providing insightful and commercial analysis), plus supporting the wider management team, preparing for and working towards a successful exit over the next 3-5 years.
- Board member and responsible for all Group Secretarial duties.
- Ensure the provision of high quality and timely financial reporting across the business including budgeting and forecasting
- Build strong relationships across the business to ensure an efficient monthly close process.
- Build a best in class finance team and processes, ensuring the business is very well prepared for a secondary transaction.
- Develop and evolve KPI’s relevant to the business
- Support the 3 – 5-year strategic plan
- Support with Pricing, Contracts and Legals
- Effective management of key supplier relationships
- Drive improvements to the financial systems and if necessary introduce a new ERP.
- Manage the Treasury operations including ensuring liquidity, accurate cashflow forecasts and compliance with and reporting on banking covenants and importantly improving working capital.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and tax reporting requirements with overall responsibility for accurate provision of statutory accounts.
- Review accounting processes and procedures. Implement improvements to data quality and drive standardisation in order to generate efficiency.
- Primary day to day contact in the Annual Audit process as well as be responsible for tax compliance and tax efficiency schemes.
- Act as business partner and subsequently build strong working relationships with business stakeholders to ensure the company delivers a quality service to customers.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills.
- Overall responsible for management of HR gaining any support and experience from external third parties.
- Aligned to the above in all H&S matters.
- Away from finance working and supporting the Executive Team on all investment initiatives, projects, marketing expenditures, modelling profitability and capital outflows and challenging the potential impact on business growth and risk
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- Due to the growth trajectory that the business is on, it is fundamental that this candidate has previous experience within a fast paced/high growth business
- High-calibre and potential as a future CFO.
- Interest in supply chain, stock and forecasting to support the Operations team
- Good commercial insight and be able to identify and realise business opportunities.
- Private equity experience is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience of IFRS a distinct advantage.
- Strong modelling skills
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.