A permanent Financial Controller job paying up to £80k for a profitable business based in Pershore.
£60,000-£80,000 per annum
Mon-Thurs (8-5) and Fri (8-3)
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are currently partnering with a well-established manufacturing business in the Worcestershire area as they seek a dynamic and experienced Financial Controller on a permanent business.
With sites in both the UK and overseas, my client is renowned for providing high-quality and innovative engineered products and manufacture for a variety of applications including construction, recycling and machinery.
Your new role
You will report directly into the Managing Director and be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day financial management and control whilst driving the improvement of internal controls and processes.
- Review of monthly management accounts and cashflows
- Weekly/monthly statistical and financial reporting to Group level
- Half yearly and annual consolidation reporting to Group level
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Review of monthly VAT returns
- Support month-end and year-end close
- Analysis and reporting of various cost centres
- Oversee foreign currency purchases
- Reviewing and authorising payment runs to suppliers
- Management of monthly payroll and pensions
- Reviewing and analysing sales margins
- Support across HR and IT functions as and when required
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Day-to-day financial management and control, ideally within SME roles
- Hands-on with the willingness to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in
- A full understanding of the accounts auditing process
- Comfortable working for a fast-paced and rapidly changing business, preferably within the manufacturing/engineering sectors
- Ability to deal with senior stakeholders on both a national and international scale
- Advanced IT skills and experience with MS Office, specifically Excel, and familiarity with accounting packages (Sage 200 and Sage Payroll highly desirable)
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £80,000 per annum (depending on experience) and the chance to make your mark in a forward-thinking company that are going from strength-to-strength and boast an excellent working culture. This position would suit a driven Financial Controller who is on the upwards curve of their career and has the ambition to become a Finance Director in the future. Due to the nature of the role and business, you will be based in the office full-time.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.