up to £47k (depending on experience)
West End/Hybrid working
Min 2 years experience as a Management Accountant
I am currently recruiting for a Management Accountant to join a well established and growing firm in the West End. This is an exciting and varied role for a part-qualified accountant who will gain exposure to a wide variety of accounting methods and have the autonomy to expand the role in order to become a strong business partner with operational units
Responsibilities will include:
- Management accounting for a portfolio of schools and colleges which includes variance analysis, commentary to be included in the Group reporting pack and forecasting based on the current performance of the unit.
- Month end close procedure for cost centres including deferred income, prepayments and accruals.
- Building an in depth understanding of student accommodation occupancy, rental income, rental cost and profitability in order to verify accuracy of management accounts and assist in building budgets and forecasts.
- Monthly meetings with head office cost Directors and college budget holders.
- Termly financial governance meetings with college Principals and Directors.
- Administration of the fixed asset module within Sun accounting which holds assets to the value of £220m across multiple classes of assets.
- Supervision of the Accounts Assistant who will handle the day-to-day processing of depreciation via the module.
- Maintenance of the asset coding structure to ensure that accounting principles are applied correctly.
- Accounting for annual revaluations of Freehold properties
- Production of group consolidated fixed asset reports which feed into the notes in the statutory accounts.
- Accounting for property companies
- Working with auditors for interim and year end audits.
- Group VAT returns.
- Assisting with other ad hoc projects.
- Answering queries from key stakeholders.
- Deputising for the Financial Controller when necessary.
- Sun Accounting, SIMS and Excel.
- Previous Sun/SIMS experience desirable, but not required.
- Good Excel skills necessary (pivot tables and vlookups