Finance Business Partner
My client is an acquisitive PE backed professional services organisation based centrally in Cheltenham with easy access from the Gloucestershire and Worcestershire area.
- Being a true Finance Business Partner to every Central Head of Department. Ensuring you develop their trust and support and become their go-to Finance support when required
- Responsible for producing Monthly Management Accounts for Central functions within specific time frames and to also communicate performance to senior management explaining and understanding key variances to budget/forecast.
- This includes having the knowledge and detail at a Total Group level but individual department level also Communicating monthly results and providing recommendations to central Head of Departments via regular one-on-one monthly meetings
- Key support in delivering the annual budget process (Board and Lender), along with quarterly reforecasting/rolling forecasts where required Understanding of business
- Central Overhead Cost per Site and Central Overhead Cost as % of Revenue with the aim of tracking/forecasting these KPIs over a 12-month period. This also includes verifying and explaining how these KPIs have changed over time Monitor and track Central Overhead spend at detailed level to help understand underlying Central Overhead KPIs with and without the impact of M&A
- Act as support on various Central projects where Finance knowledge and experience is required Complete ad-hoc requests from the Senior FP&A Manager, UK&I FD, CFO and/or Executive Team
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a hardworking and driven individual to join the Financial Planning and Analysis Team. This role will be responsible for delivering Business Partnering to all Head of Departments within the group.
Reporting into the Senior FP&A Manager, you will be required to support the Central Head of Departments understand their function spend versus budget and challenging/recommending where appropriate. We also require you to have a firm understanding of how Central Overhead costs are growing as the business continues to acquire more organisations and recommend/challenge the Exec or Head of Department where these efficiency KPIs are deteriorating.
The successful candidate will be able to clearly demonstrate delivery of critical information of a high standard to tight deadlines, good relationship building with non-financial teams with influence on more senior levels and the ability to step back from the day to day and take a strategic view.
The ideal candidate would have experience Business Partnering Central Functions however, this is not essential. This is a great role which offers great exposure to, not only senior Management, but also the Executive team and Core Equity Holdings.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills Results driven with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines in a fast-paced business Strong IT skills; especially in Excel and PowerPoint
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.