Finance Manager - Network
Excellent basic salary, company car + bonus scheme
DPD is one of the fastest-growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi-award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
Our Senior Finance Manager - Network is looking to recruit an outstanding Finance Manager - Network to join their highly skilled and high performing team.
You will work within a direct team of 6 and a wider team of 16. This Finance Manager role will be based from our offices in Smethwick.
DPD has over 85 Depots across the UK and these are known as our “Network”. In this Finance Manager role, you will support the Central Network Finance team in:
- The delivery of high-profile Network Projects.
- Driving culture of innovation and continuous improvement and standardisation.
- Engaging with key stakeholders to identify project objectives and key products to be delivered across national operations pipeline.
- Driving project execution; track delivery; expect, monitor and control change - owner for project runway for Network.
- Analytical reviewing of Network spend and recommendations to improve efficiency and spend.
- Reviewing of subcontractor costs.
- Contract review of renewals and new suppliers.
- Assist /cover daily and weekly Network reporting.
As the successful candidate for this Finance Manager role, you must have a passion for numbers. You will be educated to degree level or equivalent and be a fully qualified ACA / ACCA or have a similarly recognised accountancy qualification. You must ideally have 1 year post-qualified-experience. We would also expect from the Finance Manager;
- Advanced analytical, technical and problem solving skills to adapt policies and programmes and develop models.
- Advanced skills in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analysis.
- Extensive skills in planning and project management, team working ability, leadership and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written, oral communication skills, as well as being a persistent and good negotiator.
- Self confident, self motivated, with a flexible approach to work.
- High standard of professional integrity combined with a practical “can-do” approach.
- Good commercial awareness and deep understanding of the business and the organisation’s high-level objectives and key related risks.
- Experience of using analytical tools such as Tableau, Power BI
- Experience of creating dashboards using Google Data Studio
- Proficiency with using Google Suite
- Additional Information
- Specific Requirements
- A full driving licence, together with a willingness to undertake travel and occasional overnight stays when required.
Your package will include an excellent basic salary, company car or cash alternative and an attractive bonus scheme that is based on individual and company targets. As well as this, the Finance Manager will have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1,000’s of retailers.
There is a culture of recognition and reward within DPD to include; long-service awards, a special recognition programme for those individuals that go above and beyond, and the DPD Personality of the Year award.
If successful, you can look forward to the exciting prospect of joining an increasingly successful and expanding business that has revolutionised the express parcel industry and continues to define its outlook for the future.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer
Apply for this Finance Manager - Network role based in Smethwick by clicking the apply button now.