Interim Finance Director
The interim Finance Director will assist in scaling up the UK business. The current Finance Director has decided to leave and this position will take financial responsibility for all three business units in the UK - taking a handover and providing a handover to the newly appointed permanent candidate.
The largest privately held internationally-owned provider of third-party logistics. For over 40 years the Group has been at the forefront of logistics innovation by providing flexible, cost effective and transparent solutions to their customers. Their UK head office is based near New market, Suffolk.
The key responsabilities of the Interim Finance Director will be:
- Be the right hand person to each of the UK MDs, acting as a Business Partner and Advisor to the senior management team in driving business growth and to the Group Finance team in financial performance follow-up
- Demonstrate executive leadership, maturity, and energy
- Work closely with the key managers toward the continued well-being and growth of the entire organisation
- Lead, engage, motivate and develop the team by coaching, counselling, and performance managing, monitoring and appraising job results
- Lead a Finance department (accounting, controlling, business analysis, cash management, finance projects)
- Oversee all finance, accounting, and reporting activities of the UK business units /group companies
- Ensure all financial reporting and data are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Group standards and applicable statutory requirements
- Supervise preparation and execution of monthly financial reporting to group headquarters in Canada
- Analyse sales and profitability, cash flow, stocks, prepare detailed and substantiated comments on business activity and provide dashboards to local management
- Prepare annual budget and forecasts, with strong modelisation and narratives
- Supervise the preparation of any ad hoc analysis of the financial impact/ROI of any project or trade operation
- Oversee implementation and maintenance of internal controls, financial confidentiality, compliance and financial policies across the organisation
- Main liaison point with Group Internal Audit
The successful Interim Finance Director will be:
- Experience at Finance Director level and fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Experience of working as part of an executive team of a UK Business
- Detailed understanding of multi-site operations ideally in a business operating in lower margin service businesses, with a focus on operational excellence, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- High degree of commercial acumen and proven examples of providing a true 'business partner' approach
- Strategic planning and execution
- Skilled influencer and negotiator
- Creative and strategic thinker with a practical orientation
- Knowledge of best practice in sector / external marketplace
A competitve day rate is on offer to the candidate and hybrid working.
Interim Finance Director - Global Logistics Business / Interim Finance Director - Global Logistics Business
Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain