Succession are currently partnering with an entrepreneurially led services business that are looking to appoint a Finance Director / CFO in advance of private equity investment. The business works with a diverse range of clients, and increasingly operates on a recurring revenue model that is underpinned by market leading technology.
This is an exciting time for the Finance Director to be joining a business which has great momentum with its customer base, and is successfully developing key strategic alliances with blue chip partners. Whilst the business is currently well funded, there are plans to undertake a round of fundraising in 2022/2023 to help accelerate the growth, and the Finance Director will play a key role in professionalising the business and partnering with the Founder/CEO during this transaction.
- Being a key member of the senior management team, and a strategic, commercial and operational partner to the CEO
- Stakeholder management of Private Equity, Banks, Auditors and Advisors
- Key contribution to future fundraising rounds
- Strategic/commercial support in the ongoing development of key commercial/strategic partnerships
- Consistent investment appraisals and commercial analysis to optimise decision making
- Develop management information and KPI’s to help drive business growth
- Develop robust processes, controls, and financial reporting as the business scales
- Strong working capital management
The successful candidate will be a “hands on”, SME Finance Director (or someone stepping into their first Finance Director role), with the energy and analytical skills to thrive in a face paced, data driven environment. Key attributes will be:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Outstanding commercial acumen and communication skills
- An ability to be hands on and in the detail, but also able to contribute at a strategic level
- Gravitas to provide credibility at Board level and with external stakeholders
- Previous private equity experience would be beneficial, but not essential
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a business on an exciting growth trajectory and play a pivotal role in the Leadership team.