Accounts Payable Assistant - Sport
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSISTANT - LEADING SPORTS ORGANISATION
Based: South West London
£24,000 - £26,000 plus benefits
Successful and well known sports business is looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant for their accounting team in their UK head office in South West London on a permanent, full time basis.
Working closely within a small team and reporting into the Financial Controller, the role of the Accounts Payable Assistant will involve supporting the finance team in a range of reporting, controlling and general accounting tasks along with various other ad hoc responsibilities. The position is varied and will offer an increased scope of work as the individual progresses. Responsibilities for the Accounts Payable Assistant will include:
- Responsibility for Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Bank reconciliations
- Supplier payment runs
- Credit control
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients billing issues
- Review of payroll journals
- Dealing with queries from suppliers, clients, and the sales team.
- Assisting with ad hoc month end close and reporting process.
- Investigating and clearing any outstanding items
- General financial admin tasks when required
- At least one to four year’s experience in accounts payable.
- May suit a recent finance or accounting graduate with some finance experience
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent customer service.
- Great communicator, who enjoys working as part of team as well as working solo to complete their own job duties.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Ability to remain focused whilst working under pressure and tight deadlines
- A genuine interest in sport
Applicants for the Accounts Payable Assistant position should be able to hit the ground running with at least 1-4 years experience in a similar role.
The company has an enviable track record of professional development and for any sports minded individual this is an outstanding, vibrant organisation to be part of.