Internal Auditor, non-qual/part-qual, 30k-35k, Croydon, public sector, charitable organisation
Your new company
A charitable organisation in Croydon with the aim of improved the lives of young people in and around London. Working in a newly established team, in an engaging environment, offering 30k-35k.
Your new role
- Working closely with Internal Audit Manager in the development of work programs to obtain assurance on controls and manage risks to improve the organisation's performance.
- Delivering full end to end internal audits and preparing audit planning documentation including conducting walkthroughs of procedures.
- Participating in risk-based audit engagements from planning to reporting, and producing quality deliverables to both IA team and professional standards according to the annual audit plan.
- Assessing the internal control environment, identifying opportunities for improving internal controls; ensuring integrity and reliability of the controls, and developing recommendations to strengthen internal controls.
- Attending close out meetings to discuss findings identified, providing support and guidance to stakeholders and management on how to handle new opportunities.
- Performing follow up reviews to assess implementation status of internal audit findings.
- Participating in IA team methodology review & updates to ensure quality and conformance with International Auditing Standards.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification
- Good knowledge of the audit process
- Ability to produce, analyse and interpret complex data to identify issues
- Ability to produce written reports of a good standard
- Good understanding of risk management and assurance techniques
- Good communication and stakeholder relationship skills
- Resilient and able to accept reasonable challenge but push back where necessary
What you'll get in return
Performance and Loyalty Bonus
Pension Scheme (LGPS)
Training and Development opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.