Deputy Finance Manager
12 month contract managing the finance transactional team.
Full time role, 3 days from home, 2 days in the office.
Global organisation, complex retail business
The Deputy Finance Manager is responsible for:
1. Manage direct reports in accordance with company policies and procedures.
2. Review Group Reporting Packs prepared by the Financial Accounts team and ensure that all month end tasks are completed on a timely basis.
3. Review Balance Sheet Reconciliations prepared by team members, ensuring there are no unreconciled accounts.
4. Work collaboratively with the Group Tax department and any external tax advisors to ensure that tax accounting for the UK businesses complies with legislation; prepare tax returns, ensuring they are accurate and submitted on time.
5. Manage the UK audit alongside the Finance manager, ensuring that the inclusion, year end and interim audits are concluded on time.
6. Manage the audit of the UK subsidiary companies ensuring that the audits are concluded on time. Review statutory accounts prepared by Financial accounts team and report to Directors of subsidiary companies where applicable.
7. Act in partnership with staff in the business to ensure services provided by the Financial Accounts team support the business, and that both parties communicate effectively, and work cooperatively and with mutual respect, by meeting with divisional finance teams, and other key stakeholders, on a regular basis.
8. Review proposed payments to vendors and authors, ensuring that payments are supported by authorised invoices or payment requests, and are being made in the correct currency.
9. Represent UK Finance on key projects and initiatives, actively contributing and leading the way to successful completion
We are looking for a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/ CIMA or equivalent) with Team Managemenet experience gained in Finance.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA
- Proven management and leadership skills, either as a manager of direct reports, or through supervising staff.
- Good understanding of financial reporting standards, tax and VAT legislation
- Significant experience and demonstrated ability gained from working in a multi-divisional group with international branches / subsidiaries and in a Centre of Excellence environment.
- Understanding of internal controls, and commitment to compliance.
12 month contract and salary
Office based in Oxford