Assistant Reporting Accountant
Would you like to support the Financial Reporting team working with Senior Stakeholders? We currently have a vacancy for an Assistant Reporting Accountant, reporting into the Senior Finance Manager at our site in Glascoed (hybrid working arrangement).
As an Assistant Reporting Accountant, you will be providing financial support to the business, producing reports to the requirements and deadlines of both internal and external customers and incorporating sound financial controls. You will be responsible for maintaining data integrity and liaising with other functions to achieve streamlined integrated processes which meet overall business objectives.
This role will provide you with the ability to work with Senior Stakeholders providing you with good exposure to the business. You will work closely with Senior Leaders and be given study support when completing your financial qualification.Your main responsibilities as an Assistant Reporting Accountant will involve:
- Managing the cash flow forecasting process and co-ordinating updates from the Project Finance team and Finance Shared Services
- Management of the Trading Summary to capture actuals and forecasts for Orders, Sales, Margin and Cash, ensuring reconciliation to the source system and project forecast models
- Administration of the Orderbook model and co-ordinating updates from the Project Accounting team
- Monthly Stock and WIP reconciliation and analysing the split of Non-contract and Contract WIP for input into HFM
- Supporting with month-end reporting requirements including P&L forecast
- Preparing analysis on invoice payment performance each month and co-ordinating route cause analysis on invoices paid late
- Supporting annual Integrated Business Planning process (IBP)
- Reviewing the annual Statutory Accounts against the assessment criteria to ensure they are free from error
- Preparing supporting schedules for Balance Sheet reconciliations and reviews
- Supporting internal & external auditor queries
Your skills and qualifications:
- Working towards a finance qualification such as CIMA / ACCA, or equivalent
- Excellent Excel Skills (confident with Formulas, VLOOKUPs and Pivot Tables)
- Some Financial Accounting Experience
- SAP experience
- Cash management experience
What we are looking for in you:
You will have experience and the ability to work with Senior Stakeholders and members of the Senior Leadership Team with the ability to prioritise your workload and adapt to the company's needs. You will have good communication skills and the ability to influence others as well as have good attention to detail.Location:Glascoed, S. Wales (hybrid working arrangement)Salary:Competitive Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive. BAE Systems: BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.