Commercial Management Accountant
This is a fantastic commercially facing role that needs someone with a technical background to ensure the correct processes and controls are in place. Frequently analysing the key business reports in order to maximise business profitability.
The role will also have responsibilities that ensure financial and regulatory adherence of a number of key government funded contracts across a group structure employing over 250 people.
My client is a fantastic organisation based in Cardiff that go above and beyond to make real change across South Wales for the next generation.
- Forecasting and scenario modelling
- Ensure all data processed by admin team is correct to ensure cash drawn down is accurate
- Preparation of periodic reports to measure and drive improvements to operational performance
- Provide feedback on what performance changes are required to ensure contract values are adhered to
- Commission, develop and validate ad hoc Reports as required
- Explain variances in income, developing new tools to explain changes
- Develop expert detailed knowledge of funding guidance and changes to ensure income is maximized
- Ensuring compliance with multiple funding rules (Welsh Government), Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and ESF regulations.
- Use this knowledge to drive business strategy to maximise revenue from each contract
- Appraisal of new business opportunities
- Assist with forecasting, analysing and tendering for new contracting opportunities
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to deliver financial models and scenario based reports
- Experience of business partnering and proven ability to interact effectively with a wide range of personnel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent organisation skills
- Sound commercial awareness
- Fantastic career progression opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working environment
- Chance to join a growing organisation
- Personal development plan