Your new company
You will be joining this organisation at a time of expansion. Our client has had steady growth and continues to go from strength to strength. They really care about their employees and this role will be a pivotal position to take them to the next level. If you are a team player and ambitious, this will be the ideal role for you.
Your new role
As the Financial Controller you will be number one in the business and reporting directly to the Managing Director. You will establish and maintain financial policies and management information systems, as well as provide a high-quality support service by liaising with management colleagues on all aspects of finance. The role combines accounting skills with business management skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of Financial Statements: Responsible for making sure the system is up to date to prepare the year end FS, all monthly and year end adjustments, transactions and journals are posted and any queries pending are resolved prior to closure of the year end. The role also requires working closely with company's external accountants to finalise the financial statements, and attend any queries raised by them in the process.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts on a daily, weekly and month end basis to ensure all transactions are processed and supported by required evidences and any queries relate to transactions are promptly addressed and investigated prior to such postings
- Reporting on KPI's and operational efficiencies
- Analysis of profitability and performance
- Accounts Payable: Responsible for posting purchase invoices, payment prioritising, AP ledger reconciliations
- Preparation and submission of monthly VAT returns
- Maintaining both the purchase and sales ledger
- Managing credit notes and ensuring invoices match up to orders and delivery notes
- Ensuring measures are implementing and followed for credit control
- Monthly payroll for all members of staff
- Managing PAYE, NI, SSP, SMP, Pension submissions
- Ensuring HMRC payments are made on time
- Preparing periodic management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
- Managing company expenses and petty cash
- Manage and develop junior member of staff as the department expands
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience in a varied accounts role is essential
- Accustomed with all duties and responsibilities listed above
- Previous experience in a SME business would be highly desirable
- Payroll experience and knowledge of statutory requirements
- Accustomed in completing HMRC submissions
- Conscientious and high level of attention to detail
- Commercially astute and the desire to expand finance knowledge
- Qualified CIMA /ACCA or Qualified by experience but most importantly you must be wanting career progression.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and excellent benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.