This role will be broad in scope and involve working with an established in-house Tax Team on a wide variety of corporate and operational tax matters. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, experienced in-house team where you will be mentored and provided opportunities to develop.
A multinational oil and gas exploration company.
- Supporting Corporate Tax Manager with managing the UK tax compliance and HMRC audits.
- Assisting with group assurance activities. Provision of in-house training and guidance to supply chain, finance, and accounts payable.
- Supporting Corporate Tax Manager and Head of Tax with the tax reporting process.
- Prepare consolidated group tax disclosures for the interim and annual report and review tax disclosures in statutory accounts.
- Assistance with overseas tax compliance as required. Ensure compliance with tax transparency obligations, review of Tax Strategy and SAO procedures.
- Supporting contract and procurement initiatives. Providing tax analysis in relation to potential new ventures and country exits globally.
- Ad hoc support in respect to in country operations with operational tax issues and audits.
- Supporting compliance with Group transfer pricing policy. Assisting with corporate tax planning in relation to simplification of corporate structure, financing, and hedging arrangements.
- Transactional support in relation to acquisition and disposal of license interests and assets.
- Experience of UK and international taxes from an in-house role in an international organisation or private practice.
- Oil and Gas experience preferred but not essential.
- Pragmatic approach to dealing with tax in a commercial context.
- Involvement with UK or international tax compliance and tax reporting.
- Corporate tax advisory experience.
- Degree and ACA / Tax / Legally qualified
- £55k - £70K
- Attractive benefits package with target annual cash bonus of 25%
- Share options for higher performers linked to bonus and 10% company pension contribution where employee pays in 3%.
- Flexible working policy, minimum 2 days required in office per week. Ability to manage working hours to balance work/life commitments.
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.