Finance Manager / Financial Controller Job - Tonbridge area - Salary up to c£45,000
Your new company
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager / Financial Controller to join a specialist engineering and wholesale business based near Tonbridge. There is very much a family feel and collaborative approach to the business which is lead from the top and creates and very positive working atmosphere.
Your new role
This is a No2 role within the finance team and responsible for the smooth, efficient and economical operation of the Finance Department alongside providing support and management to two established members of the department.
- Supervise Accounts Department, giving direction and assistance where are when necessary to ensure that deadlines are met. Essential that role holder has full understanding of each member of the team's role and monthly duties.
- Supervising sales ledger member of staff to ensure timely collection of outstanding debts.
- Oversight of purchase ledger to ensure that purchase invoices are processed and paid in line with supplier payment terms. Ensure that invoice queries are followed up regularly.
- Ensure that monthly departmental KPI targets are met.
- Inputting of monthly and quarterly journals.
- Production of monthly balance sheet and control account pack for senior management.
- Production and submission of VAT and other statutory returns.
- Liaise with other departments on customer credit account and credit limit queries.
- Production of rebate payable calculations and checking of rebates receivable.
- Production of quarterly TB and management accounts for publication to Board of Directors.
- Stock reconciliations on a quarterly basis.
- Production of TB and Audit information for year-end financial statements and liaising with auditors. Involvement in year-end stocktake process.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be an experienced finance professional with a broad exposure to financial practices, looking for a hands-on role managing a small team. You must be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of accountancy fundamentals and VAT regulations. A good working knowledge of Excel is needed as are excellent people/team management skills in order to manage workloads and further develop staff. Relevant financial qualifications are desired but not essential as long as suitable practical experience is demonstrated.
What you'll get in return
A salary of up to c£45,000 plus attractive benefits including a 9% contributory pension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.