Are you an Accountant in Practice and are looking to move into industry?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking, award–winning SME business. As they continue to rapidly grow as a business independently owned, they are recognised as a leading specialist in their field.
To support the continuation of business growth an experienced and hands-on Financial Accountant is sought. Supporting the financial accounting operations, you will take ownership of the accounting for the largest legal entity based in the UK.
Duties will include:
- Calculate and post all GL entries prepayments, accruals etc
- Prepare VAT and GST returns for statutory entities
- Support the year-end audit
- Prepare profit and cash forecasts for submission
- Work with tax advisors to prepare tax submissions
- Preparing the monthly profit and loss in line with the specified reporting deadlines.
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts
- Support the implementation and development of a new finance system
- Provide cover and support for other team members
You will be very hands-on, a team player with drive and enthusiasm. An excellent communicator, highly numerate and focused with strong attention to detail and accuracy. A team player, willing to support other team members as required. Who is able to demonstrate flexibility and use your own initiative.
With no staff responsibilities, you will be part of a small friendly team but have the confidence to communicate regularly across the company.
Excellent package offered with the opportunity to progress in this rapidly growing business. Located on the outskirts of Oxford with free parking, you will divide your time between the office and home working.
The position would suit a person who is in practice but keen to move into industry!