My client is a dynamic service business growing through acquisition in a buoyant sector. They are seeking to pursue a buy and build strategy to create a group of businesses that can provide complimentary products and services to customers. The board have taken the decision to free up the CFO with the recruitment of a Finance Manager to have full responsibility for the finance department. This will be an all-encompassing role for a circa £50m turnover operation requiring the ability to liaise confidently with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. Your remit will be to provide accurate and timely financial information and analysis to support decision making across all areas of the business.
The ideal candidate for this role would be a CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified accountant with experience of working at a similar level in a complex organisation with high volume transactions. A central focus of the role will be to identify and understand what drives profitability in a data rich processing environment. Strong IT skills, preferably with an enthusiasm for system development and also a highly commercial outlook will also be useful. Key responsibilities for this Finance Manager role will include:
- Ownership of the month end management and commercial reporting timetable
- Production of annual accounts, compliance with reporting standards
- Analyse and prepare commentary on results, monitoring and analysis of KPI’s
- Lead financial modelling, forecasting, budgeting processes
- Monitor and prepare WIP calculations, controlling cash flow performance and all transactional activity
- Drive financial awareness throughout the business to support strategic objectives
- Assist with major projects such as due diligence, investment appraisal and system enhancement
- Deputising for the CFO
Previous experience of managing finance teams, implementing systems and processes and becoming a trusted business partner to non-financial managers will be very important in this role. Knowledge of the challenges associated with a call centre environment, revenue billing and debt collection in a volume driven business would be very attractive. This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident Finance Manager / Financial Controller level candidate to take ownership of a department and really make an impact. Longer term it is expected that this role will develop into a Finance Director position when the incumbent retires. Remote working can be available once up and running in the role.