Finance Manager - Business Partnering
Finance Manager (Business Partnering) required for large, market leading property business based in Liverpool.
This is a highly visable role, part of the senior leadership team and a key strategic hire for the business. The successful candidate will manage a small team of Finance Business Partners (also based in Liverpool) and report directly to the Finance Director.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join this established business at a time of exciting growth. The Finance Manager (Business Partnering) position offers the opportunity to act as a key partner to operations and the wider business and will be a value adding role from day one. The Finance Manager (Business Partnering) will be responsible for providing monthly financial analysis and insight into the groups commercial performance. You will also have ownership of the annual budgeting & forecasting process and the regular reporting packs for senior management. Furthermore, you will be required to deliver step changes to the quality and efficiency of the management reporting and forecasting.
You must be a well organised, commercial, qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) who strives to deliver continuous improvement. You must have strong analytical skills and be able to present financial data clearly and accurately to non-finance personnel. This is a brilliant opportunity to work in a value adding role that offers autonomy and the chance to drive business performance. The successful candidate will possess first class communication skills and the ability to build relationships quickly both within finance and operations.
This role will be based in Liverpool but the business has fully embraced hybrid working and the successful candidate will be able to work from home for most of the week.
- To lead the forecasting and budget process including P&L, CAPEX and exceptionals.
- Drive forecast accuracy and transparency and enable clearer scenario planning, analysis and interpretation.
- Leadership of a small commercial finance team
- Analysing and monitoring business performance, and explaining movements to the Senior Leadership Group.
- Develop and improve weekly and monthly reporting to Group.
- To review the month-end close for accuracy and ensure any variances are explained and understood.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA,CIMA,ACCA)
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Good communication and organisation skills, written English and report writing experience preferable
- Excellent analysis skills
- Proven track record in a Business Partnering role with the ability to shape and evolve current systems into best practice