As an Internal Controls Associate for this company, your role will be to support the UK Financial Controller in developing a control framework so the UK arm of the business. The role will be focused on developing a strong internal control environment framework through the review of existing policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation, and monitoring compliance.
My client is one of the world's leading growers and suppliers of fresh cut flowers, house and garden plants, and premium produce. Working with around 900 partner growers spanning over 19 countries, they deliver the freshest products to consumers across the UK and EU every day.
As an Internal Controls Associate, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the design, implementation, documentation (including Process Mapping and Risk Matrix), assessment and monitoring of an internal control framework.
- Ensure the group has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations.
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts resulting from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
- Actively seek standardisation and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls.
- Deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment and review procedure.
- Support to deliver an adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework.
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies.
- Qualified/Part-qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks - within manufacturing/operations environment preferable.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis.
- Strong communication skills in order to present internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organisation.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a multi-geographic team.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as with key stakeholders across the business.
- Great progression/secondment opportunities.
- Great hybrid working policy - just 1 day in the office.