Group Head of Financial Reporting
Our client is on an exciting and ambitious international buy and build journey. With some key assets already acquired and an established pipeline of opportunities the group is looking to reach a valuation in excess of £1bn in the next 5 years. They are well funded by a very experienced and active European investor and have an impressive top team. They are seeking an exceptional Group Head of Reporting to support the development. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will own all aspects of technical accounting, financial policies and providing expert IFRS advice to all stakeholders. This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious finance professional looking to support value creation and be instrumental in building a business from early stage to a planned EBITDA of over £60m. The Head Office is based in central London, with hybrid working is in place, limited international travel will be required.
- Develop and control the year-end reporting framework, working closely with Group Financial Controller and Head of FP&A to utilise ME reporting in preparing the statutory consolidations and audit packs, in line with IFRS
- Prepare all statutory accounts to an exceptional standard and ensure all filed within agreed timelines, managing audit cycles
- Ensure newly acquired businesses are incorporated into the financial reporting structures of the Group ensuring accounting policies (and associated processes) are updated in accordance with Group standards
- Support post integration activities
- Manage the local company secretarial filings for the Group and ensure processes exist to ensure compliance frameworks exist to monitor all local filing obligations within the Group
- Support the Group Financial Controller and Head of FP&A to ensure all reporting is in accordance with Group accounting policies Ensure the statutory reporting requirements are appropriately flowed into the ME management accounts e.g., deferred tax provisions, valuation charges, preference share interest
- Ensure the retained earnings for the Group are appropriately managed into the month-end reporting and managed in a structured and controlled way
- A qualified accountant with at least 3 years PQE
- Exceptional technical accounting skills
- International accounting and global audit experience essential, with time working in a technical accounting role preferred
- Ambitious team player with a strong work ethic and the ability to lead others
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop good relationships across the business
We know that diverse recruitment practices start with us. We encourage and celebrate applicants regardless of race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origin), age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender reassignment, disability, marital status, pregnancy and maternity or socioeconomic background. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace by ensuring a diverse pool of talent, eliminating unlawful discrimination and recruiting the best person for each role. We review our practices on equality and diversity regularly.