Assistant Financial Controller
Assistant Financial Controller
Your new company
Our client is dedicated to bringing the largest range of innovative products first, providing clients with the tools they need that make a difference. Their product development team have contacts all over the world, meaning they are one of the first to hear about new products.
The most important asset in any company is its staff and our client believes in assisting staff to obtain higher qualifications. They have provided long-term employment to staff under a number of Government-backed schemes and really invest in their people.
If your looking for a company where you feel valued and can offer longevity and job security then this will be the organisation for you.
Your new role
To carry out the role and function of Senior Management Accountant fulfilling the
- To manage & support management accounts team, ledger supervisor and credit controller
- To manage cover for direct reports during holiday periods
- To be an effective credit manager, referring to Group Financial Controller and Group Finance Director on large key accounts
To be a key player in the production of monthly accounts for all subsidiary companies
- Guide & support the Management Accounts team in the preparation of management accounts, analysis and completion
- Guide & Support in response to the review of management accounts
- Prepare management accounts for selected overseas companies
- Review balance sheet reconciliations
- Oversee intercompany reconciliations
- Support and prepare analysis work on management accounts
- Running of regular downloads, preparation of reports and distribution to recipients
- Monthly staff expenses checking & authorising
- To assist in the preparation of the annual audit
- Guide & Support in the monthly preparation and submission of bank returns
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT return.
- Budgets & Forecasts
- To assist in the preparation of budgets
- To assist in the preparation of revised forecasts
- Ledger Maintenance
- To guide & support our Ledger Supervisor in the maintenance and integrity of the sales and purchase ledger
- To support in the upkeep of the nominal ledgers and set up new codes
- To correctly capture data for management information purposes
- To manage the closing of month end stock system, cash management and debtor/creditor ledgers
- To manage the balances on the intercompany general ledger, sales and purchase ledgers
What you'll need to succeed
- To work as a member of the Finance and Accounts team to produce accurate and complete financial information on time and in full
- To be fully competent with ERP computer systems
- To be willing to assist and support with special projects as and when they arise
- Good working knowledge of purchase ledger, sales ledger and cashbook management
- To ideally have experience in a manufacturing or distribution background
- To have a strong working knowledge of Excel
- To possess a good attention to detail
- To be able to manage people effectively and work as part of the bigger team
- To encourage all in the team to achieve their goals.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to gain exposure to all areas of finance and have an experienced Financial Controller mentoring you in order to progress your career.
Excellent benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.