A great successful manufacturing and engineering company in the Ammanford area, West of Swansea. They are fast paced, profitable and stable with healthy cash reserves and a large order book. They have strong international sales, with significant market-leading presence in UK. They manufacture for sales worldwide, the predominant export market is the Middle East with some sales to America.
This interesting and broad role has overall responsibility for the company's finances. This is a challenging senior role, reporting to the Managing Director. The successful candidate will be dynamic, credible and with a good depth of relevant experience. They will have strong commercial acumen and rigourous financial controls. The business uses an ERP system, accounts are run on Sage 50, they also use Crystal Reports. You would be working closely with their IT consultant from the user perspective..
Key Responsibilities -
· Monthly management accounts preparation including full reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts.
· Preparing and monitoring of job cost analysis and reporting any variances.
· Oversee the day to day running of the finances, including responsibility for daily bank administration including bank reconciliations, weekly and monthly payment processing and cash flow forecasting.
· Administration of payroll / IR35 / VAT / CIS (including returns).
· Financial Accounting activity including journal entries, Profit and Loss Account reconciliations, financial analysis and Audit preparation.
· Responsible for Sales invoice processing, cash collection and liaising with Clients.
· Assisting with grant submissions and responsible for grant claims.
· Develop and recommend / implement process improvements.
. Supervision of the finance team of two, plus leadership of payroll and associated tasks and functions
. Management of key business KPIs, including report writing in data analysis tools and similar
. Product costing and margin analysis
. Some user responsibility for IT and communication systems for the business
This is an excellent opportunity for a commercially astute accountant with industry experience. The individual is required to hold a qualification from one of the accountancy bodies (CIMA/ACCA/ACA). You will be a self-starter, always looking to add value and able to work well under pressure, to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.