Our client is a high growth business services group with an expanding blue chip client base and current turnover c£25m per annum. With robust profit margins and led by a driven and highly focused management team, the business is implementing a strategic growth plan aimed at achieving £50m turnover over the next 3 years.
As Management Accountant, you will be part of the finance team focusing on strong financial control as well as offering insightful analytics and value add reporting. The finance team works collaboratively and has an in depth understanding to allow them to act as true business partners.
Reporting to the Group FC, the role’s key responsibilities encompass the following:
Reporting: preparation of monthly Management Accounts, Balance Sheet and Reconciliation of nominal accounts for group companies. Preparation of monthly divisional pack, working collaboratively with the data analytics team for presentation to the Divisional Directors;
- Budgeting & Forecasting: assisting in the preparation of budgets and forecasts for the Group, detailing variances;
- Preparation of year end audit pack and supporting auditors;
- Review Work in Progress (WIP) with the data analysis team and with the operational team to reduce exposure;
- Payroll reconciliations;
- Credit Control – review aged debt weekly with Credit Controller, with a focus on strong cash collection;
- Assist with overseeing Sales and Purchase Ledgers;
- Company Secretarial duties
- Ad hoc projects
- ACA or ACCA qualified accountant, ideally having trained in a medium-sized firm.
- Candidates will be considered either straight from practice or a 2nd move in industry.
- You will have excellent attention to detail and strong interpersonal / communication skills. This role has one direct report (training in AAT), so the ability to mentor and delegate correctly will be important.
This is a key role within a rapidly growing business with a great opportunity to develop within a high calibre finance team.