Our client, an international technology group, is currently looking for a Regional Financial Controller, initially on an interim basis. You will take responsibility for a recently acquired group of companies and focus on continued integration into corporate structure.
The position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for candidates who like working in international environment, multi-tasking and change management mode.
Initial focus will be to help with integration of recent acquisition into group entity including improving processes & procedures, systems and dealing with legacy issues.
Good financial accounting, controls and knowledge of tax (including VAT) and UK regulatory framework.
The individual will be someone who can understand the overall business and is comfortable in a change environment.
- Supervise the timely production of accounting closing in IFRS and local GAAP for group companies (5 core entities UK & Ireland - last Group acquisition).
- Ensure monthly IFRS packs of all the entities are reported as per Group instructions and deadlines.
- Improve and harmonize accounting practices and policies: main part of the entities in scope have been recently integrated into group.
- Ensure management and coordination role:
- Directly manage local accounting team in the UK = 4 people
- Coordinate & control the work of external accounting firms for the entities where accounting is externalised on 6 international affiliates
- Structure and optimise accounting team organization.
- Support the skill development of the internal teams.
- Ensure local tax compliance & filling
- Ensure proper implementation of internal control rules.
- Manage interfaces with external auditors, external accountants, etc.
- Daily interfaces with Consolidation team, Group tax department, Controlling team and Treasury department.
- Thorough experience in accounting & team management (5 years minimum) in an international environment
- Good knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAPs and UK tax environment
- Leadership, good management skills, strong ability to organize teams and processes (ability to work with and manage team remotely) and team spirit
- Can do attitude -- positive and collaboration mindset
- IT systems oriented. Knowledge of Navision and/or HFM are a plus
- Strong communication skills
- French language skills not essential, but would be a plus
This role will be outside IR35.
Ideally you will live within comutable distance of the office, but the role is flexible/hybrid with a significant element of remote-working for this individual and their team.