CFO - PE Backed Tech SME
We're delighted to be working with this v fast growth, PE-backed early stage Software SaaS SME based in Hammersmith, London to recruit their first CFO to operate as "right hand" finance business partner to the inspirational CEO.
The company has grown rapidly to £3.5m t/o having won a number of long-term Plc contracts and is now v well positioned to exploit the new significant PE growth capital investment to achieve their "step change" growth strategy to further develop their Tech enabled services for major clients across the UK & increasingly globally.
This modern Tech company operates within a v flexible remote/hybrid working culture with the clear emphasis on the quality of delivery as opposed to be tied to the desk! Therefore, the "right" candidate can be based from home anywhere in the UK as long as they are in commutable range of Hammersmith 2-3 days per month to attend Board/key Management meetings.
- Establish a robust Finance platform.
- Recruit and develop a small, efficient Accounts processing team.
- Produce timely & insightful monthly management accounts with analysis/commentary.
- Develop bottom up budgeting and forecasting.
- Develop MI/KPI's to support key decision making processes.
- Key financial and operational/business input to Pricing, Tenders and a range of new business initiatives/opportunities.
- Develop strong trusted relationship with the 2 PE co-investors plus act as the key professional point of contact with all other professional stakeholders - Bank, Auditors, Tax, Advisors etc.
- Overall, to operate as the close "right hand" to the CEO/founder to ensure the company maximises its profitable growth "journey" leading to an optimal exit process within the next 3-5 years.
- Hands-on and commercially switched on FD/CFO with direct proven experience of supporting the successful development of a similar early stage, ideally Tech sector SME.
- Previous effective liaison with VC/PE backers would also be a distinct advantage.
- As stated, location is less important - the company has Software Developers and other key staff based remotely and so the "right" person will only need to be physically in Hammersmith between 2-3 days/month max.
My client offers a competitive starting salary up to £100k plus the "carrot" of Equity participation which is expected to deliver significant shareholder returns on successful exit.
If you have the relevant strong skills/profile as outlined above and you're excited by this Equity opportunity, then we want to hear from you now.
Please send your CV to Martin Morgan, the retained consultant - all strong relevant applicants can expect a prompt direct response.