Interim Senior Accountant
Company: Distinction Doors
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Elevation Recruitment Group are delighted to be retained partners of Distinction Doors in their search for an Interim Senior Accountant on a 12-18 month basis.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team with a great culture, low staff turnover and led by a dynamic and quality driven Finance Director. With a primary focus on ensuring the management and financial accounts are delivered and supporting a seconded Finance Manager during a period of maternity, you will be joining a collaborative and welcoming team.
As an interim Senior Accountant your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing accounts and financial information
- Liaising with payroll, purchase ledger and sales ledger colleagues to ensure that all financial transactions are correctly recorded, executed and monitored
- Management of the external reporting timetable, planning for year-end and banking audits
- Maintaining and improving balance sheet reconciliations, escalating risks and issues
- Driving continuous improvement in on-going processes; appropriately addressing issues and managing change efficiently
- Ensuring CAPEX is applied in accordance company guidelines
- Ensuring accurate representation of accounts data through completion of reconciliations, and maintenance of data quality
- Coaching & Development of assistant financial accountant to aid progression (there is an option to line manage but this is not essential)
- Take a lead role on statutory submissions, including but not limited to PAYE, P11D, Corp Tax & VAT
- Maintaining relationships with the local council for new and existing grants
- Assisting the Finance Manager in the budgeting and reforecast process
- Liaison with HMRC to ensure any returns are completed and legislation is adhered to
- Working with the Finance Manager to operationally lead all bank & statutory audits including liaison with audit stakeholders
- Supporting the wider team with periodic Management Reporting
- Any reasonable ad-hoc duties
Key things that the successful candidate will have:
- Good all round management accounting and financial reporting experience
- Ideally Qualified (ACA/ACCA) but will also consider QBE with relevant skillset
- Strong technical ability and prior experience of operating in similar interim roles, providing the capacity to support the seconded Finance Manager
- Interpersonal skills appropriate for a fast-paced work environment and joining an outgoing, well-established team whilst still being comfortable tactfully challenging the status quo
- High levels of Excel skills and ability to pick up a new system quickly (Epicor ERP would be a distinct advantage)
- Management experience is flexible along with the possibility of an Assistant Accountant reporting into this role
Benefits available for the Senior Accountant:
- 12-18 month FTC, starting in November 2022
- 25 days holiday + stats
- Holiday buy back scheme
- Up to 7.5% matched pension contributions
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Hybrid working and flexibility around hours where required
Established in 2004, Distinction Doors have supplied composite doors to the UK, and during that time have used their experience and knowledge to continuously develop products to guarantee that they meet the demands of UK homeowners.
Distinction Doors are selective over who their suppliers and customers are; they must share the same values as the business and their high standards for product quality, customer service and innovation. This resonates throughout the company and employees are expected to uphold the values of the business with high standards and drive for quality of work, a strong focus on customer service and an innovative approach. In return, they are provided with an environment where their career can flourish and are rewarded with a competitive package and the opportunity to progress which is clearly demonstrated within the finance team.
Interested? Contact Helenna Hobson for a full candidate pack and to apply.