Interim Finance Manager role- Bristol Charity
3-6 month interim finance role starting ASAP
The Finance Manager works as part of the finance team to ensure accurate and timely monitoring and accounting. Responsibilities include monthly financial reporting, monitoring of programme and project contracts, supporting the annual external audit, management of tenancy contracts and group VAT returns. Line management of three staff in the team, and support for the day-to-day running of the department.
Your new role
- 3-6 month interim finance manager role for a Bristol charity
- Sage 50 experience
- Either fully or post exam qualified accountant from a recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA)
- Available immediately (or within a week or so to start ASAP)
- Previous charity sector experience is essential
- Prepare monthly company & group management accounts & balance sheet reconciliations for the 3 entities
- Build and manage relationships with internal budget holders and external stakeholders, in relation to budgets and financial reporting
- Review payroll reports supplied by external payroll provider including journal postings, completion of reconciliations and preparation of payments to HMRC, and calculation of holiday pay accruals
- Maintain an overview of cashflow, ensuring that any potential issues are identified in advance
- Produce the quarterly VAT return for the companies and file the group VAT return ensuring that the correct VAT status is applied to all income and activities are accurately classified as business/non-business as appropriate
- Assistance in process improvements and the development of month end close and external reporting timetables
- Ongoing development of a monthly reporting pack to include variance reporting against budget and KPIs as appropriate.
- Maintain fixed asset registers; to include the calculation of annual depreciation charges and the annual transfer of unrestricted funds to match the corresponding expenditure.
- Provide assistance to the Finance Director in consolidated cashflow reporting, annual budget setting and reforecasting, and other ad hoc project support as required.
- Prepare and record grant and freelancer contracts as required.
- Support the Finance Director to fulfil the requirements of the external audit fieldwork and supplementary information.
- Line management of the Management Accountant and Finance Assistant with support from the Finance Director, supporting the day-to-day function of the Finance department (including payroll, supplier payment processing, sales invoicing). With support from the HR Manager, line management responsibilities include recruitment, reviews, training, and development.
- Deputise for the Finance Director as required
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
Option to start immediately
3-6 month interim accounting role in Central Bristol
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Charles Maidment from the Bristol office. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.