Interim Finance manager
My client is an established SME business based on the outskirts of Cheltenham. They are looking to take on an experienced Finance Manager for a period of 6 months whilst the go through a permanent recruitment process.
You will support the Managing Director in all aspects of Financial and MIS management, including Finance lead in all projects conducted by the business. Oversee of Payroll, and BI functions. This senior management team (SMT) role will work with key internal and external stakeholders, providing strategic hands-on leadership.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversight of the Finance function encompass responsibility and operational accountability for the financial control, operations, planning, analysis, to drive the function forward.
- Provide information to assist with the implementation and deliver the company's finance strategy and support the Managing Director and SMT in its development.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of an effective financial accounting function.
- Oversee the delivery of agreed accounting period timetable: delivery of month-end accounts and year-end reporting packs.
- Liaise with external 3rd parties in financial regulatory and legislation matters.
- Continually develop, implement, embed, and document robust finance controls, processes and procedures: ensuring the organisation operates within these.
- Oversee the efficient delivery of the monthly Payroll.
- Oversee the organisations cash forecasting and treasury activities.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standard of financial integrity.
- Work with the Managing Director to assess and mitigate organisational risk.
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Ensure management accounts are accurately produced and delivered to Board accordingly to agreed timetables.
- Oversee the delivery of an effective business partnering function to the business and finance representation on all projects and developments.
- Drive and oversee the annual budgeting, and rolling forecast. Provide information to Financial Consultant to ensure they can maintain the strategic business plan processes.
- Develop and provide a budget management framework to analyse the business performance and its delivery of service.
- Provide information to the Financial Consultant to ensure all new initiatives/projects/business cases are reviewed and assessed for agreed financial returns.
- Prepare departmental policies, procedures, audits and risk assessments.
- Management of the Finance team.
- Effective assessment and management of staff in accordance with department competency scheme to both assess performance and to ensure they are clear about their roles and responsibilities.
- To communicate and coordinate regularly with all departmental managers to maximise inter departmental operations, activities and understanding.
- Attend meetings, training sessions or workshops as required.
- Support and work with the Managing Director and Financial Consultant in delivering Finance and Corporate strategy.
- Work with the SMT in developing and monitoring budgets & forecasts, in line with corporate financial strategies.
- Work with the SMT to further develop the strategic direction for the organisation in terms of expanding services and creating new opportunities.
Knowledge & Skills: Qualifications and experience required:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), with a proven background in managing a finance function in a start-up or transformation environment.
- Demonstrable competency in running a finance function including Payroll, VAT and transactional processing.
- Demonstrable understanding of impactful business partnering.
- Attributable success in delivering a year end through to audit closure.
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise work, handle pressurised situations and take day-to-day decisions on running the organisational financial matters.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of managing risk.
Skills and core competences:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; a commercial and bold thinker.
- Ability to analyse complex financial information and communicate results and options for decision-making clearly and succinctly.
- An influencer, ability to drive impact and implement change.
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant financial impact legislations and regulations.
- Demonstrate strategic experience of leading, managing, motivating, and developing staff.
- Organised with strong time management.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.