Marks Sattin are working in partnership with a fast growing Private Equity Backed online retailer with a turnover in the region of £15m to recruit a Head of Finance / Finance Director on a permanent basis. This will be a hybrid working role with 2-3 days in the newly refurbished offices in Central Birmingham.
My client is a highly acquisitive organisation who have their eyes set on future acquisitions over the next 18 months. The Head of Finance position is a brand new role and will work closely with the Executive Board where you will present results on financial performance, highlight potential risks/opportunites/anomalies and provide key support on Due Diligence and other acquisition activities.
The Head of Finance will also ensure the timely and accurate provision of management information for internal and external stakeholders and to provide a strong internal financial controls together with strong finance support for operational and commercial functions across the business.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Finance include:
- Producing the management accounts, including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Forecasts in the format of a 'Board Pack.'
- Liaising with the appointed Auditors to finalise statutory accounts and any financial reports required for the regulator or banking partners.
- Owning the financial reporting process and ensuring adherence to accounting policies and company procedures.
- Working with the CEO to produce daily reports to support the management team.
- Working with the CEO
- Providing advice and assistance to the operational team and the Board as to the performance of the company
- Supporting the Commercial Team to review the performance of supplier contracts and assist the negotiation process where possible to ensure profitability and commercial viability.
- Oversseing the Assistant Accountant with the management and control of both sale and purchase ledgers.
- Supporting the Executive Board with the preparation of annual budgets for the Group.
- Ensuring robust internal controls and having a continuous improvement approach.
To be considered you must:
- Be a Qualified Accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Be an intermediate Excel User with the ability to analyse large complex data along with good System skills
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to be hands on with some of the accounting duties whilst also demonstrating high level strategic thinking when business partnering the Exec Team and the Commercial Teams
- Be an energetic and driven individual who is keen to make a difference and be a part of a growing and highly acquisitive business
If this is you and feel you meet the requirements of my client, please do not hesitate to apply!