Head of Finance
Whitley, Yorkshire (DN14 0HR)
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We are recruiting a Head of Finance (Group Functions) to join our Team based in West Yorkshire.
What will you be doing in this role?
As the Head of Finance – Group Functions, you will lead a small team providing finance business partnering support to the executive heads of Tunstall’s Group Functions.
The Ideal candidate:
Will be a proactive, challenging, and supportive Business Partner to the executive heads of Tunstall’s Group Functions
Key skills and experience:
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- Qualified accountant with experience of operating in a large complex organisation
- Experience of working in a global function would be desirable
- Has led others, either directly or within a matrix structure
- Solid knowledge of finance policies, processes, and finance systems
- Good interpersonal/influencing skills in the management of colleagues and stakeholders
- Good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Results driven – with proven experience of delivering and exceeding expectations
- Customer focused – delivers a high level of customer service to senior stakeholders, other internal customers and Group Finance
- Stakeholder management – able to manage and influence a diverse group of key stakeholders
- Resilient – able to deliver results in short timescales
- Able to challenge and improve existing business processes and have an open mind regarding continuous improvement
If you are not sure if you have the relevant skills or experience, then please apply (only takes a few minutes) and let our team review and come back to you.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension
- Volunteer day
- Car benefit scheme
- Perks and benefits that include things such as: free eye tests, a cycle to work scheme, retail discounts and a subsidised on-site canteen
- Free car parking
- A warm and welcoming team environment
- Development and a chance to build a rewarding career
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the leaders of Group functions, providing proactive financial support and challenge
- Support these leaders in the preparation and presentation at Monthly Business Reviews and Business Plan reviews
- Oversee the preparation of all financial reporting for Group Functions
- Ensure effective control over capital expenditure across the Group:
- Providing analysis to support prioritisation of limited available funding
- Checking the completeness of budget submissions
- Providing analysis by operational area and capex type
- Ensuring Investment Appraisals and Business Cases are robust and meet hurdle rates, for I&D and IT Infrastructure projects
- For Managed Service contracts, working with regional management, ensure the business case is robust, and meets hurdle rates
- Oversee post implementation reviews (“PIR”), covering performance against hurdles (IRR, NPV, and payback) for:
- I&D and IT Infrastructure projects
- Managed Service contracts
- Projects delivering efficiency savings
- Present Investment Appraisals and Business Cases at Investment Committee meetings
- Oversee the RDEC process, and submission of claims
- Oversee all investment related grant activity
- Support the arranging of financing for capital expenditure
- Lead, coach and develop a small team of finance colleagues to deliver an outstanding finance business partnering service
A bit about us:
Tunstall is a market-leading healthcare technology provider.
We’re passionate about ensuring our team reflects the brilliant and unique qualities of the people and communities we support. Our incredible team of 3,000+ people provide lifesaving and life changing technology and services to millions of customers across 18 different countries.
At Tunstall you’ll find a place where you’re valued and celebrated for being yourself. We empower our people to deliver the very best teamwork, innovation and thought leadership by creating an environment where we champion diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion at each step. From our open, fair, and transparent recruitment processes, through to the many development and career growth opportunities we provide.
Each Tunstall colleague has a superpower… they’re unique. No one else is them, and we think that’s special. Come and join our mission and be part of our team, our One Tunstall team.