Senior Financial Accounting Analyst
Whitley, Yorkshire (DN14 0HR)
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
We are recruiting for a Senior Financial Accounting Analyst to join our team based in West Yorkshire.
What will you be doing in this role?
As a Senior Financial Accounting Analyst at Tunstall, you’ll be responsible for supporting the Financial Controller in managing the General Ledger ensuring transactional and balance sheet integrity. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring fiscal and regulatory compliance for all entities within Financial Shared Services.
The Ideal candidate:
We’re looking for someone who is a newly qualified accountant or studying ACA/ACCA/CIMA (final stages).
Key skills and experience:
- Advance excel user (pivot tables, complex formula, data models, macros)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and manage your own workload effectively
- You should be a good problem solver with great attention to detail
- Experience of overseeing a team (desirable)
If you are not sure if you have the relevant skills or experience, then please apply (only takes a few minutes) and let our team review and come back to you.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension
- Volunteer day
- Car benefit scheme
- Perks and benefits that include things like: free eye tests, a cycle to work scheme, retail discounts and a subsidised on-site canteen
- Free car parking
- A warm and welcoming team environment
- Development and a chance to build a rewarding career
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the accounting accuracy and integrity for a number of Revenue streams
- Ensuring compliance and integrity of procedures, controls and balance sheet reconciliations
- Working across the Financial Shared Service team to ensure documentation of processes and procedures to secure ongoing control and compliance
- The role needs to operate at multiple levels and will involve a high proportion of detail.
- Working with the Financial Shared Service team to produce the quarterly balance sheet and cash flow forecast, together with variance analysis
- Ensure compliance with VAT, CIS and statistical reporting, liaising with external advisers and internal customers to resolve issues.
- Manage the Fixed Asset Register
- Support the UK Financial Audit and liaise with the auditors with queries/Information requests.
- Ensure monthly management and annual statutory reporting is accurate and delivered in line with reporting deadlines
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed with risks/opportunities identified in line with reporting deadlines
- Review monthly financial results with stakeholders, ensuring all issues are documented and appropriate actions agreed
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process for all entities within UK Financial Shared Services
- Process reengineering to drive efficiencies
- Support the Financial Controller in the efficient running and management of the team
A bit about us:
Tunstall is a market-leading health and care technology provider.
We’re passionate about ensuring our team reflects the brilliant and unique qualities of the people and communities we support. Our incredible team of more than 3,000 colleagues provides lifesaving and life changing technology and services to millions of people in 18 different countries.
At Tunstall you’ll find a place where you’re valued and celebrated for being yourself. We empower our people to deliver the very best teamwork, innovation and thought leadership by creating an environment where we champion diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion at each step. From our open, fair, and transparent recruitment processes, through to the many development and career growth opportunities we provide.
Each Tunstall colleague has a superpower… they’re unique. No one else is them, and we think that’s special. Come and join our mission and be part of our team, our One Tunstall team.